I had the honor of receiving my first Liebster Award last month by Facades and Nuances, a student blogger that creates beautiful jewelry and writes about life, art, travel, etc. Check out her site on the following link…Facades and Nuances! If you are not exactly sure what a Leibster Award is, your not alone. I just found out myself. This award is nominated to bloggers by bloggers to help build a better blogging community. It is also a great way to help readers get to know the writer a bit more.
Here are the rules:
1. Mention and thank the blogger that nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger has asked you.
3. Nominate 11 newbie bloggers for the Liebster Award.
4. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees.
5. And most importantly, let them know about their nomination!
1. Tell us the story behind your blog! What inspired you to start blogging?
I started my blog to document my travels and to share with others my travel stories, travel tips, and photos. I wanted to have a way to share my awesome and sometimes not so awesome travel experience with others. I want to create a site that hopefully inspires others to explore more and to help make travel more enjoyable! I was inspired to start this blog because I have received so many great tips and advice myself on other blog sites. You can read more in the following link…about TADA!
2. What are some of your favorite blogs?
I love SO many! Here are just a few:
World of Wanderlust (Brooke Saward is a globe-trotting genius!)
The Blog Abroad (Gloria is a travel writer and an expat in Barcelona, Spain. I love her fresh outlook on life and as an added bonus her great sense of humor flows out of her writing so effortlessly…I love her!)
Beers and Beans (Beth and Randy share their travel expertise and Oh, so AmAzing travel photography! I have taken their travel advice on many occasions, I found their site last year when planning a trip to Italy.)
WifeMamaFoodie (This foodie themed blog was started by a very dear friend of mine. I have had the pleasure of tasting her yummy food creations by inviting myself on many occasions to her home, haha! Even though I don’t live close enough to enjoy her tasty treats, I can still reminisce and even try one of her fabulous recipes on her site. She focuses on eating healthy without compromising on the taste!)
3. What is your dream job? I started teaching dance at a young age, and love it! So I’ve always had my dream job, but I would absolutely love it if I got paid to TRAVEL! That would be a dream come true for sure!
4. What is your favorite color and why? Green! It makes me happy:-) It’s such a fresh color and symbolizes new life.
5. What are three things on your bucket list? 1.)To visit all seven continents(yes, even Antarctica…but just a step out of the airplane, take a quick look around, then fly off to a tropical island kind of visit, haha!). 2.)To live in a different country, preferably somewhere in Europe! 3.)To snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef…read more in detail in the following post…My Top Ten Dream Destinations!
6. Name three of your favorite books. Hmm?! Wish I was more of a book not just blog kind of reader. I would have to say I was really inspired by reading Mother Teresa’s autobiography. I really loved reading The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis as a child and even now as an adult. I equally love the stories of Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. *Confession, I watched the movies first!
7. What is your favorite travel destination? Paris, France with Florence, Italy coming in with a very close second.
8. What is your least favorite travel destination? Don’t have one yet.
9. What place have you always dreamed of visiting? Like a lot of little girls, it was Paris…now the list has grown to too many to mention! My short list is Greece, Hawaii, and Germany.
10. What is your favorite quote? “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
11. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? Haha! The first person that comes to mind is the actress Kristen Wiig…she has brought me so much laughter and she seems like a fun person to get to know!